Rentals Supervisors are responsible for overseeing and executing the daily operations of the Deep Cove Kayak Rentals Department. Supervisors will report directly to the Rentals Manager and Operations Manager.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and motivate a team of rental staff.
- Foster a positive and collaborative work environment
- Assign breaks, adjust start/finish times and implementing workforce reductions for rental staff on a daily basis
- Assign tasks, jobs and duties to staff members on a regular basis to ensure that high standards of cleanliness, organization and safety are maintained
- Ensure the rental department as a whole maintains the highest level of customer satisfaction through excellent service.
- Ensure customer inquiries and concerns are handled with professionalism and empathy.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of kayak rentals, and assist in facilitating lessons and tours operation.
- Keyholder, responsible for opening and closing the shop
- Ensure equipment and worksite is well-maintained and in compliance with safety standards.
- Anticipate busy times, prepare equipment and staff for them appropriately
Training and Development:
- Provide on-shift assistance for new staff members on company policies, procedures, and safety protocols.
- Provide ongoing coaching and support for staff development.
- Act as the main point of contact for customer complaints, demonstrating empathy and understanding
- Utilize exceptional communication and interpersonal skills to de-escalate and resolve conflicts with upset customers.
- Investigate customer concerns, working collaboratively with the team to address underlying issues and prevent recurrence.
- Enforce and promote safety standards for both staff and customers.
- Demonstrate proficiency in water rescue techniques to promptly assist and ensure the safety of kayaking customers
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of weather conditions and other factors that may impact the safety of customers on the water.
- Keep detailed records of water rescue incidents
- Conduct monthly boat and retail inventories
- Coordinate with managers to ensure inventories are maintained and any replacement boat parts or retail items are ordered from suppliers
Communication Point Within The Company:
- Communicate between locations to ensure distribution of customers and consistency of information
- Communicate on a daily basis with fellow supervisors and managers to ensure that all necessary information is shared among all parties
- Previous experience in a supervisory or leadership role, preferably in the outdoor recreation industry. OR minimum 1 years previous Rentals Team experience
- Available May to September (April and October is preferred) for full time work
- Detailed understanding of all of DCK operating procedures, rental policies, booking procedures and facility needs
- Strong communication and conflict resolution skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and inspire a team.
- Passion, pride and initiative to be an integral part of our operation and a key part of the business success
- The highest level of attention to detail, efficiency and understanding of policies
- Self motivated individual with strong initiative, communication and anticipation skills
- Hard working and well respected team member
- A high level of organizational and problem solving skills
- Class 5 (or 7) Driver’s License
- Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC)
- CPR and First Aid certification (or willingness to obtain).
- Available on all stat and holiday weekends
- Flexible scheduling
- Active, fun and social work environment
- Beautiful outdoor work setting
- Unlimited access to kayaks, paddleboards and surfskis during off-peak times
- Free access to Deep Cove Kayak Social Paddling events such as Tuesday Night Race and Women on Water
- Friends and family discounts available during off-peak times
- Access to free kayak and paddleboard lessons and tours
- Opportunities to pursue paddling certifications
- Staff uniforms provided
- Numerous staff trips, outings and social events
- Staff discounts on equipment at our retail store, Coast Outdoors
- Discounts from additional local Deep Cove businesses
- Opportunities for growth within the organization
- Employee Fitness Program provided
How to Apply: If you are passionate about the outdoors, have a knack for leadership, and excel in conflict communication, we invite you to apply. Please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience to email@example.com
Deep Cove Kayak is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applications from candidates of all backgrounds and experiences. The application deadline is April 1. We appreciate all applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please note that you will have to email us your cover letter and resume separately if applying without a Google account.