Our best advice is to dress for the weather! You aren’t going to want to wear a raincoat and sweater if it’s sunny out, but you will if it is chilly and damp.
Be prepared to be active and comfortable so wear clothes that allow you to move. Jeans are not advisable – wear leggings, non-restrictive shorts or sport pants and you have a much better experience. Check out our post on gear for colder weather paddling if you are coming with us in Spring or Fall.
We do push you out from the beach once you are in your boat and bring you back in, but do be prepared to get wet so bring a towel and a change of clothes just in case.
- secure wet footwear, if you don’t have booties or watershoes then wear something like running shoes that you don’t mind getting wet
- A non-cotton toque if it’s chilly, or brimmed hat if it’s sunny
- Sunglasses with a strap. If you wear prescription glasses we also recommend using a strap.
- Insulating long sleeved non-cotton top and bottoms which will keep you warm even if they get wet
- Water bottle
- Towel, and a change of clothes for after your paddle
Wetsuits and paddling tops are available for an additional rental fee
Please be aware that we have limited space at our shop. Please leave valuables at home or in your vehicle, or bring along a dry-bag. We are able to store smaller items like phones, keys, wallets in office if needed.
- Camera (waterproof, or in waterproof case)